Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Themes in your Classroom

I'm always fascinated by the amount of time spent on decorating a classroom.  I've had a monkey theme for so long now, I can barely remember what I did in my classroom before the monkeys invaded.  So, as I slowly begin to think about packing up my classroom for the summer and put a few monkeys in the closet, (No, not the kids) I began to wonder what everyone else does to decorate their classroom.  Do you have a theme?  Or do you just keep it tidy & organized?  Do you change your theme often?  Please share your thoughts, cool ideas, and/or leave me a link if you have pictures!  I'm a visual person.  :-)  The picture here shows my Reading corner, otherwise known as the "Jungle." It's a little difficult to see, but I have a cool tree hanging from the ceiling, along with vines wrapped around the area. Yes, I normally have student work displayed on the bulletin board in the jungle,...but with the state testing that just took place, I had to take everything DOWN and/or cover it up with newspaper, so it's currently BLANK.  Looking forward to hearing what you do in your room.  :-)
 
The TpT sale ends after today, so finish loading up your carts & check out so you don't lose out on some great deals!  The TN sale continues until May 11th!  Be sure to ENTER my giveaway on TN...it's a great Genres unit with loads of activities you can do with a few different genres.   The giveaway ends on Saturday, May 12th...just in time for Mother's Day!                                                        
 

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have POLKA DOTS! I love them and they are simple and I can ALWAYS find items with dots on them. I am starting to pack up my room too! I love packing up because I finally throw away stuff that I have piled up for MONTHS. It feels refreshing to see a cleaned out classroom. Then the moment it is all away I start planning how I will do my room in the fall...I know a little crazy but its me!

Michelle said...

Ooooh, I love polka dots too. You could do a LOT with dots! I have more fun getting stuff out of my closet and setting my classroom UP, than taking it down. :-(

Post a Comment


nomonkeybusinessmichelle@gmail.com

Search